What is Financial Planning?
Financial Planning can take many different forms. Our definition of Financial Planning is very simple.
“Financial Planning is deciding where you want to be financially and making realistic plans to get there.”
For some clients this definition might include a complex investigation of their present situation, tax analysis, estate analysis, risk management and insurance analysis or portfolio analysis.
For other clients, this definition might simply include starting their first RRSP, arranging a debt reduction program or saving for their first home.
At Excalibur Executive Planning Inc., every client is seen as unique and we approach the financial planning process according to your needs and comfort level.
How do we Conduct Business?
Excalibur Executive Planning Inc. initial meeting with you is approximately 40 minutes, and is somewhat of a discovery session. During this time we review our qualifications, mutual expectations and any fees involved. We may explore your current situation and your financial affairs, while discussing your objectives.
Should you decide to proceed, there will be several meetings with you as we further determine and clarify your objectives, collect data and present solutions and action plans.
The Excalibur Executive Planning Inc. focus during this entire process is listening to your concerns and making recommendations that you feel comfortable with. As well, we believe in taking the time to ensure that you have a full and complete understanding of all subjects covered during the financial planning process, including details of financial products and investments you may wish to purchase through Excalibur Executive Planning Inc.
What Is The Cost Of Our Services?
Your Risk Management Review and/or Financial Plan will be completed at no cost to you. Should you be pleased with our service then we ask that you purchase any needed financial products through our firm. Excalibur Executive Planning Inc Associates will be paid a commission by the various product suppliers we use. As well, if you are truly pleased with the quality of our work, then we will ask you to refer us to your friends and colleagues so that we may introduce our services to them.
What Products Do We Offer?
Excalibur Planning provides financial products to our clients through many different suppliers. Through life insurance companies such as Desjardins, Standard Life, Manulife, Canada Life, AIG, RBC Insurance, Equitable Life, Empire Life, and more; Excalibur Planning has access to a wide variety of insurance, investment, and GIC products. Through Trust and Bank Companies such as Manulife Bank, B2B Trust and MRS Trust, we have access to G.I.C.s and custom lending services including RRSP and leverage loans, as well as mortgages and bank accounts. As an independent financial planner we are not committed to any one company and can provide you with the products and suppliers that meet with your needs. Excalibur Planning associates will also provide a referral service to legal and accounting advisors to assist you in meeting your Financial Planning objectives.
Who are we and are we qualified?
Excalibur Executive Planning Inc.
Jason Desaulniers CFP, CIM
- Working in the industry since 1996.
- Independent Financial Planner and
- President – Excalibur Executive Planning Inc. 2007 - present
- Sales Director, Prairies – Transamerica Life 2005 - 2007
- Recruiting Manager – Clarica Financial Services – 2005 - 2005
- Financial Planner - RBC Investments Financial Planning - 2001 - 2005
- Financial Planner – IOF Foresters – 2000 - 2001
- Financial Advisor – VanCity Credit Union 1997 – 2000
- Member Service Advisor – Surrey Metro Savings Credit Union 1996 - 1997
- CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
- Professional Proficiency Exam 2000.
- CIM (Canadian Investment Manager) designation 2003.
- Associate Certificate in Financial Management, Financial Planning (honours) – British Columbia Inst of Technology 2000.
- Conduct & Practices Handbook completion 1999.
- Canadian Securities Course completion 1998.
- Investment Funds in Canada completion 1997.
- Member Canadian Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (ADVOCIS) since 2000.
- Member Financial Planning Standards Council of Canada since 2000.